Risk management consists of the actions taken by Next Gen USA to minimize risk associated with all aspects of Next Gen USA's mission and programs. The Advisory Board of Next Gen USA studies the areas where risk may exist and proposes policy and education to mitigate risk.
Next Gen USA's risk management policies address a number of issues which include, but are not limited to, background checks for those involved with youth players, field and game safety, and the protection of young athletes from long-term health injuries.
CODE OF CONDUCT
PARENT/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
2017-18 Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
- I will bear in mind that my child(ren) participates in soccer for THEIR enjoyment.
- I will support my child(ren) by reminding them of their responsibility to abide by the Players Code of Conduct and to the value of aspiring to the highest standards of sportsmanship in their play.
- I will stress that doing one's best is more important than winning.
- I will REFRAIN FROM COACHING any player(s) during games or practices.
- I will respect decisions of officials and will teach my child(ren) to do likewise. I will not question an official’s call.
- I will respect all coaches and will not confront coaches or officials in front of players. If necessary, I will seek to discuss a matter involving game conduct away from the field of play at an agreed place and time.
- I will be a positive role model and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect, courtesy, and positive support to all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every practice and/or games. I will ensure that other family members and friends I bring to a match or to a practice session do the same.
- I, and my guests, will not engage in any kind of unsporting conduct such as booing, ridiculing, taunting, refusal to shake hands or usage of any profane language or gestures.
- I will not use profanity or make comments that demean another person based on that person’s race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical limitations or athletic ability.
- I will encourage my child(ren) to treat everyone with respect regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical limitations or athletic ability.
- I will respect the rules of the game and encourage my child(ren) to play according to the Laws of the Game as established by the United States Soccer Federation and enforced by Next Gen USA.
- I will respect and follow the policies of Next Gen USA, of organizations of which Next Gen USA is a member, and of the venues where events take place.
- I will not bring drugs, tobacco, alcohol or firearms to a Next Gen USA event and will support Next Gen USA’s efforts to provide a sports environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and firearms.
I understand that a violation of this code of conduct by me, members of my family or guests that I bring to a Next Gen USA event can result in disciplinary action against me and my family, up to and including expulsion from Next Gen USA. I understand that a players’ seasonal financial commitment must be up-to-date before that player can begin play on a Next Gen USA team or program. Additionally, I understand that before a player can transfer to another team, the financial obligations to Next Gen USA and the players’ financial obligations to Next Gen USA must be fully satisfied. I hereby acknowledge that I am subject to the foregoing policies and I give approval for my child to participate in any and all events associated with being a member of Next Gen USA. Furthermore, I acknowledge that the contents of this Code of Conduct may be amended by Next Gen USA at its discretion at any point during the school year to which my child actively participates in a Next Gen USA program or activity.