NEXT GEN USA LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
FAST FACTS: 2017-18 ACADEMIC YEAR
Tuition, Fees, & Financial Aid
Tuition: $15,995; Activity Fees and Uniforms: $1,000
Approximately $100,000 in financial aid distributed to 100 percent of the student body in 2016-17
- Accredited by AdvancED, The Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation & School Improvement, The Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools, and The Northwest Accreditation Commission.
- Next Gen Leadership Academy is registered with the New Jersey Department of Education and classified as a non-public school.
Head of School
Sam Gough (Appointed 2016)
- Anne-Marie Bellshot, B.A., English Literature; NJ Department of Education Certification, K-8
- Jeffrey Bookman, UEFA A Coaching License; English Football Association, Levels 1 and 2
- Ricky Duggal, UEFA B Coaching License; NSCAA Premier Diploma and Director of Coaching Certificates; B.A., Education
- Sam Gough, M.Ed., Educational Leadership; NJ Department of Education Certification, K-12; NJ Principals, Superintendents and Supervisors
- William Kemp, B.A., Sports Marketing; U.S. Soccer Federation National C License
- Lizethe Martinez, B.A., Sociology; Texas Department of Education Certification, Early Childhood through 6th grade, Bilingual Instruction
- Declan McGill, M.Ed., Educational Leadership; B.A., Education
- Scott Middlemass, NSCAA Director of Coaching Certification
- Tony Williams, U.S. Soccer Federation National A License; NSCAA Advanced National Diploma, Former Scout, U.S. Soccer
120-acre campus in Pemberton, New Jersey on space leased from Rowan College Burlington County.
45 minutes from Philadelphia; 1 hour from Wilmington, Del.
100 percent male
47 students, ages 11-17
Students come from 3 countries, 6 states, and numerous counties across New Jersey
Faculty & Technical Staff
5 full-time teaching faculty members; 4 full-time coaches
All hold advanced teaching and coaching degrees
Average class size: 12
Student-Teacher ratio: 9:1
Homeroom advisors coordinate daily lessons and monitor student performance
Subject-specific teachers turnkey a blended program of study
Students access online curricula and engage in projects that promote dialogue, creative thinking and problem solving
10 core learning standards
“Passport to Excellence” leadership and personal accountability program
Next Gen Leadership Academy teams compete against MLS Academies and U.S. Soccer Development Academy member clubs in the mid-Atlantic region. Moreover, the Academy players will travel abroad to play in tournaments and other competitive matches against youth Academy teams from professional clubs in Europe and South America.
NGLA teams adhere to age-group specific curricula designed by Jeff Bookman, Next Gen USA's Technical Director with support from Terry Burton, former Head of Arsenal (U.K.) FC Academy.
Scott Middlemass, NGLA Technical Director, implements the curriculum, directs coaches and advises players on pathways to success in high school, college/university and professional soccer.
Next Gen Leadership Academy does not discriminate in its admissions, or in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, or in access to or treatment in any other School-administered program on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local laws.