BREAKING NEWS! Next Gen USA'S College Prep Select Squad attended Real Salt Lake Academy's President's Day Tournament in Phoenix over President's Day weekend and had a fantastic experience.
DID YOU KNOW? Next Gen USA's College Prep program immerses high school student-athletes (grades 9-12) in a competitive and challenging atmosphere that helps kick start the planning process for a powerful college application.
- College prospects can be overwhelmed as they try to balance soccer, academics and extracurricular activities. Add the need to focus on the college application process, and you can have a stressed-out player and parents.
- Prospects have only one opportunity to be successful at the college recruiting process. Next Gen USA College Prep will provide recruits with the expert support they need at all levels during this critical time.
About the Program
- The Next Gen USA College Prep program, led by Kevin McCarthy, immerses high school student-athletes (grades 9-12) in a competitive and challenging atmosphere that helps kick start the planning process for a powerful college application. Through a series of workshops and guided practice, student-athletes learn how to highlight personal strengths, academic and athletic talents, interests, and achievement awards, and individual quality.
- Participants will work with Next Gen USA instructional staff to develop a logistical, strategic plan for their own individual college recruiting process, which includes a list of appropriate schools and soccer programs to research and contact. Further, each child will acquire advanced impression management skills and leadership training throughout the program.
- At the conclusion, participants will receive comprehensive written evaluations and individualized feedback from participating college coaches as well as members of the Next Gen USA instructional team.
Why you should be part of it
- The Next Gen College Prep Program will focus on helping high school student-athletes find, discover and determine the direction, confidence and knowledge to be successful in finding a best-fit college.
- Participants will depart with readiness in the areas of academics, application excellence, leadership training, image management, as well as the soccer skills and tactics that are required to play at the next level.
- Participants will conclude the program with greater self-confidence, improved time management and personal organization skills and have the knowledge and understanding needed to tackle the college soccer recruiting and admissions processes, and meet the demands ahead to play and excel in the college soccer environment.
For further information on Next Gen USA's College Prep Programs, please contact Kevin McCarthy, Director of College Programming, via email
“I thoroughly enjoyed the brand of soccer that the Next Gen USA team played at the Arizona Presidents Day College showcase. It was the correct way to play soccer….it was adventurous, expansive, lots of attacking play, creative and disciplined. The players fully understood their roles and their work rate and attitude was exceptional. Incredible that it’s not a club team that’s trains together regularly which is a testament to the coaching staff and the program that they could prepare and educate a team so well to perform at such a high level…I will certainly be seeing where this group plays next!”
Jordan Dale, Assistant Men's Soccer Coach, Hobart College